Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

"We Don't Sell Cars That Way"





"We don't sell cars that way,"

This is what the dealer principle (owner) of a top automobile dealership said to me.

A good friend gave this guy my name and number.

"I know", I replied. "Your TV commercials cost $15-$20k month. Your junk mail runs about $5,000, but probably more. Your FREE HOT DOGS sale-a-brations...don't cost very much, but you don't sell any cars".

"Look kid.....you came highly recommended. But I've been in this business for 32 years. You can't sell cars by direct mail, or on the Internet (1999)" -- Mr Auto replied.

They sold more cars in two months than in any other consecutive two months in 32 years.

My secret: Focus on qualified prospects ONLY. Do not spend any time or money on people thinking about buying a car.


Marc Charles



No comments:

Post a Comment